Page 10 of 139

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 12:37 pm
by Memnoch26
The World Is Flat, 3.0
A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century
by Thomas Friedman

This is a "must read" for everyone. I think this part of World History is not taught in class because of the fact that we are the one actually in it.

Its like the things that happened to our lives that we didn't bother remember or take note of is now written here.

Its a great read.

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 2:46 pm
by deathwalker
I'm done with

Alan Navarra's DUMOT (3/5) for Mature Readers Only
http://booktripper.blogspot.com/2011/10 ... dumot.html
Yeng Remulla's PRODUCTIVE PINOY (3/5)
http://booktripper.blogspot.com/2011/10 ... pinoy.html

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 8:52 am
by Wanda
Finally read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! malot1182, you were right about my weekend! .....I Thoroughly enjoyed it....so much that the beach found my nose stuck in the book instead of enjoying the water! :-D hehe. I was very much impressed by this unique idea of having kids battle it out to the death in a gov't-arranged hunger games, though I think it was conan_barbero who said that the idea was not unique. I found myself rooting for Katniss the whole time! I think it was genuis of Suzanne Collins to still be able to weave a love story of sorts for its YA audience into such a savage plot/setting :-) A hugely entertaining and absorbing read!

Hunger games kind of reminds of The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King, about a girl who got lost in the forest and had to survive.

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 9:17 am
by thevinethatwrites
Wanda wrote:Finally read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! malot1182, you were right about my weekend! .....I Thoroughly enjoyed it....so much that the beach found my nose stuck in the book instead of enjoying the water! :-D hehe. I was very much impressed by this unique idea of having kids battle it out to the death in a gov't-arranged hunger games, though I think it was conan_barbero who said that the idea was not unique. I found myself rooting for Katniss the whole time! I think it was genuis of Suzanne Collins to still be able to weave a love story of sorts for its YA audience into such a savage plot/setting :-) A hugely entertaining and absorbing read!

Hunger games kind of reminds of The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King, about a girl who got lost in the forest and had to survive.


Loved the Hunger Games, too, Wanda! :) Read Catching Fire and Mockingjay na! Haha! I'm so excited for the movie. :D Welcome back! :)

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 10:02 am
by Wanda
thevinethatwrites wrote:
Wanda wrote:Finally read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! malot1182, you were right about my weekend! .....I Thoroughly enjoyed it....so much that the beach found my nose stuck in the book instead of enjoying the water! :-D hehe. I was very much impressed by this unique idea of having kids battle it out to the death in a gov't-arranged hunger games, though I think it was conan_barbero who said that the idea was not unique. I found myself rooting for Katniss the whole time! I think it was genuis of Suzanne Collins to still be able to weave a love story of sorts for its YA audience into such a savage plot/setting :-) A hugely entertaining and absorbing read!

Hunger games kind of reminds of The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King, about a girl who got lost in the forest and had to survive.


Loved the Hunger Games, too, Wanda! :) Read Catching Fire and Mockingjay na! Haha! I'm so excited for the movie. :D Welcome back! :)


Hi ivy! thanks thanks! how was catching fire and mockingjay? i heard kasi parang bumaba daw yung level of excitement with each book!

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 11:53 am
by thevinethatwrites
Wanda wrote:Hi ivy! thanks thanks! how was catching fire and mockingjay? i heard kasi parang bumaba daw yung level of excitement with each book!


I found it engaging pa din. :) I guess the first one in any series is always the best one because it's the book that will sustain the reader's interest to get the next book. Pero for me, the maturity of the characters and the progression of the rebellion made the next two books good pa din :)

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 3:10 pm
by techieagent
11 minutes by Paolo Coelho, One of my favorite books I've ever read. I really love how he writes, especially those qoutes about love.

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 3:31 pm
by malot1182
thevinethatwrites wrote:
Wanda wrote:Hi ivy! thanks thanks! how was catching fire and mockingjay? i heard kasi parang bumaba daw yung level of excitement with each book!


I found it engaging pa din. :) I guess the first one in any series is always the best one because it's the book that will sustain the reader's interest to get the next book. Pero for me, the maturity of the characters and the progression of the rebellion made the next two books good pa din :)


Ay agree ako kay Ivy. For me mas paganda ng paganda ang series na ito. I'm starting to read Mockingjay. At andun pa rin yung chilling effect sa akin. I started reading the book like I am the voice of Katniss, kesa reading it as a spectator lang. Mas may effect yung bawat lines. Lalo na yung last line sa Catching Fire. Brrrr...

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 5:33 pm
by Memnoch26
..try listening to the audio version while going thru the book... it will bring you to a whole new dimension...


malot1182 wrote:Ay agree ako kay Ivy. For me mas paganda ng paganda ang series na ito. I'm starting to read Mockingjay. At andun pa rin yung chilling effect sa akin. I started reading the book like I am the voice of Katniss, kesa reading it as a spectator lang. Mas may effect yung bawat lines. Lalo na yung last line sa Catching Fire. Brrrr...

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 5:39 pm
by malot1182
Memnoch26 wrote:..try listening to the audio version while going thru the book... it will bring you to a whole new dimension...


malot1182 wrote:Ay agree ako kay Ivy. For me mas paganda ng paganda ang series na ito. I'm starting to read Mockingjay. At andun pa rin yung chilling effect sa akin. I started reading the book like I am the voice of Katniss, kesa reading it as a spectator lang. Mas may effect yung bawat lines. Lalo na yung last line sa Catching Fire. Brrrr...


na-try ko na.Nakatulog ako hahahaah!! Audiobooks are not for me.