Page 2 of 3

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 9:40 am
by Wanda
Hi sikreto! So a fellow sherlock holmes fan! Yes! And i thought i have been a loner for quite some time.... Hehehe. Which one is your favorite story? Ako siguro yung speckled band :D.

If you like sherlock holmes, i think you will like The Woman In White. enjoy!!! Let me know how you find it :D

Thanks for visiting my library too, glad you liked it!

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 10:59 am
by sikreto
I'm fond of beginnings so my favorite is a study in scarlet. Pati yung scandal in bohemia and empty house. :) I also thought I was alone. Not anymore.

Hmmmmm... thanks wanda. Will do!

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 1:31 pm
by florrieish
hello everyone! i am a member here for about a month already. tina-try ko pang i-familiarize ang sarili ko sa mga features ng site na 'to. so glad to be part of the Pinoy Readers' community. hehe. recommendations for any great book to read would be highly appreciated. tenkyu all! God bless. :)

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 2:32 pm
by Wanda
sikreto wrote:I'm fond of beginnings so my favorite is a study in scarlet. Pati yung scandal in bohemia and empty house. :) I also thought I was alone. Not anymore.

Hmmmmm... thanks wanda. Will do!

Hi sikreto,... Oh yes I liked A study in scarlet, and scandal in bohemia, too... But not as much yung empty house. Hey have you heard of the SHERLOCK tv show starring benedict cumberbatch? Its raelly good! Its like a modern day version of sherlock holmes.... And their first episode is called A Study in Pink :D. Similar plot but adapted to modern times.....:D. I posted about it here..Under movie tie ins sherlock-starring-benedict-cumberbatch-t200.html-&hilit=Benedicta

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 2:47 pm
by PrincessPea
florrieish wrote:hello everyone! i am a member here for about a month already. tina-try ko pang i-familiarize ang sarili ko sa mga features ng site na 'to. so glad to be part of the Pinoy Readers' community. hehe. recommendations for any great book to read would be highly appreciated. tenkyu all! God bless. :)

Hi florrieish!!! Welcome to RP!!! Anong genre mo?

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 5:24 pm
by sikreto
HI florrieish! :)

Wanda wrote:Hi sikreto,... Oh yes I liked A study in scarlet, and scandal in bohemia, too... But not as much yung empty house. Hey have you heard of the SHERLOCK tv show starring benedict cumberbatch? Its raelly good! Its like a modern day version of sherlock holmes.... And their first episode is called A Study in Pink :D. Similar plot but adapted to modern times.....:D. I posted about it here..Under movie tie ins sherlock-starring-benedict-cumberbatch-t200.html-&hilit=Benedicta


I've seen the 1st episode last monday and I was shaking with adrenaline while watching it. Great tv show! 2 more to go, plus the unaired pilot.

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 6:37 pm
by Wanda
sikreto wrote:I've seen the 1st episode last monday and I was shaking with adrenaline while watching it. Great tv show! 2 more to go, plus the unaired pilot.


Yep, saw the unaired pilot too! Hey i browsed your library and saw that youve read agatha chrisitie's mysterious affair at styles. You know theres a great tv series of Poirot starring David Suchet? And they have an episode of it... Ive been watching it on youtube :D

Agatha Christie's The Mysterious Affair at Styles


Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 7:51 am
by sikreto
Ah! I will try to see it. Is it like Sherlock Holmes starring Brett?

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 9:51 am
by Wanda
sikreto wrote:Ah! I will try to see it. Is it like Sherlock Holmes starring Brett?

Very similar, both are very english....you know, English mansions, tea, english countryside. The only thing Poirot is set in the 1930s so you could say its a little bit more modern than sherlock in the 1890s. Though both Sherlock and Poirot are both kind of eccentric, i think Poirot is a little bit more refined and elegant while Sherlock is a bit more brusque in manner. But both are very nice, i got addicted to both!

Re: Hi fellow booklovers!

PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 2:42 pm
by sikreto
Ah.. I see. I'll watch it then. Perhaps after the tv shows queued for October... and books and movies. :)