Page 111 of 138

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 7:26 pm
by arjaye
WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman (If I Stay #2)
5/5

i absolutely loved it! more heart shattering than if i stay. and its adam's POV. guys can be so much more emotional than us, girls. he is a living proof..oh, reading-proof! :)

in-depth review is here, please take a view, thanks! :)
http://jnitro519.wordpress.com/2014/06/ ... -i-stay-2/

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 7:31 pm
by arjaye
THE FOREVER SONG (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa
3/5

and i finally got the courage to continue on this. i was just so excited when it was just about to be published in the market, why not, i loved Allie and Zeke. im excited as much as the other friend of mine, Laila. but for some reasons, held it for a while, say 2 months after i picked it up again, and then half-hearted, staggered, stalled, crawled through reading it. Just didn't get into me as much as the other two previous books of Ms. Julie Kagawa. And for that matter alone, i am heartbroken. Because i expected quite high and got disappointed in the end. Still, this was a good read but compared to the flow of the story of The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cures... that kept me at the edge of my seats and my imagination every time. In this, I just wander carelessly through every pages. and allie and zeke's love affair felt kinda forced, unnatural that they lost their appeal to me. i know, the sappy-mushy reader in me wasn't quite sucked into it. :(

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
by laila_6045
arjaye wrote:THE FOREVER SONG (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa
3/5

and i finally got the courage to continue on this. i was just so excited when it was just about to be published in the market, why not, i loved Allie and Zeke. im excited as much as the other friend of mine, Laila. but for some reasons, held it for a while, say 2 months after i picked it up again, and then half-hearted, staggered, stalled, crawled through reading it. Just didn't get into me as much as the other two previous books of Ms. Julie Kagawa. And for that matter alone, i am heartbroken. Because i expected quite high and got disappointed in the end. Still, this was a good read but compared to the flow of the story of The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cures... that kept me at the edge of my seats and my imagination every time. In this, I just wander carelessly through every pages. and allie and zeke's love affair felt kinda forced, unnatural that they lost their appeal to me. i know, the sappy-mushy reader in me wasn't quite sucked into it. :(


I gave it the same rating as well arjaye :( a blogger who got an arc posted her review and i consulted with her prior to the release date and said that Allie was just annoying here and i found out that she was right but still one of the best YA series out there. But i miss Kanin, he was the rock that hold that vampire misfits. Now Ms. Kagawa have a new series this time it's about dragons! and it's called TALON!!!

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
by arjaye
laila_6045 wrote:I gave it the same rating as well arjaye :( a blogger who got an arc posted her review and i consulted with her prior to the release date and said that Allie was just annoying here and i found out that she was right but still one of the best YA series out there. But i miss Kanin, he was the rock that hold that vampire misfits. Now Ms. Kagawa have a new series this time it's about dragons! and it's called TALON!!!


lets see about these TALON thing.. heehee! if u miss kanin, i kinda like jackal, with all of his banters and witty comments! he's the one thing that kept the story interesting..

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 5th, 2014, 8:25 pm
by laila_6045
@arjaye...tru dat ..thank goodness for Jackal...he breaks the depressing mood of Allie and Zeke and sometime the very morose Kanin. He is not sorry for being brutally honest...so i dig his blunt vampiric attitude.

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 7th, 2014, 1:36 am
by ayanamifaerudo
I Am Forever (What Kills Me #2)
by Wynne Channing

Bloody hell. She continued her stupidity from those first few chapters in book one. How could she possibly think that the people who wanted to kill her would just make a complete turn around and make her life their number one priority? How could she possibly trust those people? Because her existence could mean the destruction of their entire race? Because she's now being regarded as the highest of highs? She's being naive... and stupid. Didn't her recent experiences with them teach her anything? I honestly thought that all that worship and wealth got into her head and made it swell with delusions of grandeur. She may have that pathetic excuse of keeping someone safe but that's just it, an excuse.

Dammit. I now mind that instalove bit in the first book because I couldn't exactly imagine what Lucas saw in her. And I am not all for the whole super-powered vampire here - I just whut?

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 7th, 2014, 2:21 pm
by laila_6045
ayanamifaerudo wrote:I Am Forever (What Kills Me #2)
by Wynne Channing

Bloody hell. She continued her stupidity from those first few chapters in book one. How could she possibly think that the people who wanted to kill her would just make a complete turn around and make her life their number one priority? How could she possibly trust those people? Because her existence could mean the destruction of their entire race? Because she's now being regarded as the highest of highs? She's being naive... and stupid. Didn't her recent experiences with them teach her anything? I honestly thought that all that worship and wealth got into her head and made it swell with delusions of grandeur. She may have that pathetic excuse of keeping someone safe but that's just it, an excuse.

Dammit. I now mind that instalove bit in the first book because I couldn't exactly imagine what Lucas saw in her. And I am not all for the whole super-powered vampire here - I just whut?


She still gets more stupid? i've read the first book...my close friend love the sequel ...but i have yet to pick this one up...but i did find the MC annoying in the first book coz really she's too TSTL xD seriously who goes off to meet a stranger in a strange country and think it's all romantic and sh*t... hence she ended up falling into a deep sh*t of whatever that was...lol! i just...KENNOTTT! you know?

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 7th, 2014, 2:33 pm
by laila_6045
arjaye wrote:
purplejoys wrote:Laila, I know you said you don't have the time to "officially" blog but man, you'd be a great blogger!


hi purplejoys... i strongly agree with you! laila is very good with words, read and write! hihi


mayghad! you guys! stop inflating my so called ego! LOL! but maybe someday in the nearest of future i will no longer be lazy to do just that...but i don't know i just want to do it at my own pace and not be stressed over thinking how to make my blog better and more updated...i just want to share my review w/o the burden of needing to have it long or short...and if i don't feel like editing it out then that's it. I rarely give myself time to read over my reviews...only to find out later i got my grammars wrong or something else were missing. ahahaha!
BUT thanks for the confidence guys! *wink* *wink*

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 7th, 2014, 2:44 pm
by laila_6045
The Spiral of Bliss Trilogy by Nina Lane
Genre : Adult, Contemporary Romance, erotic, drama

Arouse #1
Rating: 4/5
This was strongly recommended by a blogger that i followed, and i was really glad i found time to read this series. Even nerdy medieval professors can be hot! This is a beautiful written start to this series.

Allure #2
Rating : 5/5
Oh man! as expected trials and tribulations are being face by my latest fave married couple Liv and Dean West. But they stay strong as they can with each problems they face in their marriage and outside of it.

Awaken #3
Rating : 5/5
No they are not perfect people but they are perfect for each other. I was so engaged with their story and dramas in life. And those b*tches that tried to tear them down and their marriage down they deserve their comeuppance!

LIV AND DEAN FOREVERRRRR!!!! and their cute adorable drawing notes to each other are just that...cute and adorable! great writing my Nina Lane :)

Re: Latest book you have finished

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 1:01 am
by ayanamifaerudo
Image

Tempting Fate
(Immortal Descendants #2)
by April White

I was running with Saira the moment I joined her again in Tempting Fate. I thought we were running for our lives again and I was honing my survival skills. Good thing everything was in motion at the beginning, just like in the first book, because it set the tone and the anticipation for the rest of the book. I knew exactly what I was going to get: adventure.