Page 2 of 9

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: April 8th, 2013, 8:48 pm
by Heldervert
admin wrote:Thank you very much Laila! You're the best!


Yes, maybe that's how they can spam, by registering officially.
Anyway, you also have my support admin..(am i one of the bests also??) hehe

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: April 8th, 2013, 8:53 pm
by admin
Hi Heldervert! Definitely! :-D

Heldervert wrote:
admin wrote:Thank you very much Laila! You're the best!


Yes, maybe that's how they can spam, by registering officially.
Anyway, you also have my support admin..(am i one of the bests also??) hehe

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: April 8th, 2013, 8:58 pm
by Heldervert
admin wrote:Hi Heldervert! Definitely! :-D



Yes, but really, we shoud do something about those spammers

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: August 17th, 2013, 8:28 am
by Bagamundo
Heldervert wrote:
admin wrote:Hi Heldervert! Definitely! :-D



Yes, but really, we shoud do something about those spammers


maybe RP is designated training ground for would be spammers/hackers.

How about we add a create-three-threads-per-hour-per-user rule on the forum? We can still be spammed but not as much. And maybe no consecutive posting by same user on same thread for an hour? If its a real post, we have the edit button right?

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: August 17th, 2013, 7:57 pm
by admin
Good suggestion! We'll see if we can do that!

Bagamundo wrote:
Heldervert wrote:
admin wrote:Hi Heldervert! Definitely! :-D



Yes, but really, we shoud do something about those spammers


maybe RP is designated training ground for would be spammers/hackers.

How about we add a create-three-threads-per-hour-per-user rule on the forum? We can still be spammed but not as much. And maybe no consecutive posting by same user on same thread for an hour? If its a real post, we have the edit button right?

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: August 17th, 2013, 8:49 pm
by admin
Some newly activated anti-spam features:

- new users have to 'activate' their account
- limit of only 1 url link per post
- required waiting time of 120 seconds in between posts

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: August 17th, 2013, 10:51 pm
by MissRed
Yey. Thanks admin

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: August 17th, 2013, 11:09 pm
by laila_6045
And for those spammers who can still get through humanda sila sa akin coz i will be waiting! hehehe! i report them ASAP! aba #1 yata akong sumbongera dito..lol!

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: August 18th, 2013, 10:39 am
by admin
Haha! thanks Laila, we love you for it!!!

laila_6045 wrote:And for those spammers who can still get through humanda sila sa akin coz i will be waiting! hehehe! i report them ASAP! aba #1 yata akong sumbongera dito..lol!

Re: PROTECT THIS FORUM FROM SPAMMERS

PostPosted: August 18th, 2013, 6:37 pm
by mtvsc
also i have noticed some topics that are titled with words like *removed* etc, nagulat ako, haha spammers