This book is the quintessential SW book of the decade. The way this book told many untold facts about the prequel trilogy blew my mind.
Darth Plagueis is the mastermind of the REVENGE of the Sith. It contradicts everyone's thought that it was Palpatine who orchestrated and planned the whole thing. Thus, it degrades Palpatines role in the return of the sith to power.
Darth Plagueis did the following:
1. He came to Naboo determined to suck the planet dry of plasma and set the trade federation up as its overseers. This led to the blockade of Naboo (Episode 1).
2. He set his sights on a seemingly confused young man (Palpatine) and manipulated him into committing homicide, matricide and fratricide.
3. He did everything including murder to further Palpatines career from local politics to Chancellor.
4. Started up the GRAND PLAN of promoting a galactic war.
5. Planted the seeds of a Grand Army to Master Jedi Syfo Diaz.
6. Financed the cloning of the grand army at Kamino.
7. Discovered Count Dokoo as a jedi that can be turned.
8. Plagueis funded the pod race in Tatooine.
The concept of an all powered entity (God or they call in the book as the Celestials) in the force was explained. The celestials are the entities the maintains the balance of the light and dark sides. These have merged with the FORCE and have continued to guide the fate of the galaxy ever since.
Other facts mentioned in the book are:
1. Palpatine gets darth Maul as a baby and Plagueis orders Maul be trained in Mustafar as an assassin and not as an apprentice.
2. Count dukoos deflection to the dark side and his talks with Palpatine.
3. Palpatine helped Amidala become queen of Naboo.
Another mind blowing fact is that Plagueis was alive during the events of episode 1. This changed my over all view of the first movie. Palpatine killed Plagueis right after winning the election as chancellor. I always thought that Plagueis was killed several years before the events of episode 1.
And of course, what Plagueis was known for was his rumored capabilities to cheat death (as mentioned in episode 3). He was actually gaining grounds in the manipulation of midi-chlorians so as to extend life itself. Unfortunately, Palpatine killed him.
Lastly, after Plagueis survived an assassination attempt to his life, he started wearing a breathing mask. I think this is the same technology used for Vader.
If you are a SW fan, you have definitely have to have this book !!!!