Pinoy Literature Top Ten List
http://allenjambalaya.wordpress.com/201 ... -ten-list/
I stumbled upon an article in Yahoo! Phillippines about Pinoy Literature Top Ten List. As stated in the article, I agree that libraries and bookstores here in the country are dominated by foreign bestsellers. They overshadow the books under the “Philippine publications”, which are underrated because of lack audience from the mass. In fact, some writers are considered as world class like F. Sionil José and Nick Joaquin, who are both National Artists.
But I think I’m guilty of not being able to support our own literature. I haven’t brought a single book authored by Filipino writers (except books required by the school curriculum such Noli Me Tangere and El filibusterismo written by Jose Rizal). Though I have my own list of books to buy or read under the Filipiniana section such as The Best of This is a Crazy Planets by Lourd De Veyra and the books written by Bob Ong.
And now, here are the Top 10 List of Pinoy (informal term for Filipino) Literature recommended by Gel G. Galang of Juice.ph featuring Palanca Awards Winners and National Artists:
1. GAGAMBA by F. Sionil Jose
2. THE TWISTED SERIES by Jessica Zafra
3. ILUSTRADO by Miguel Syjuco
4. MY SAD REPUBLIC by Eric Gamalinda
5. SOLEDAD’S SISTER by Butch Dalisay
6. MONDOMANILA by Norman Wilwayco
7. IN THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS by Michelle Cruz Skinner
8. NEWS OF THE SHAMAN by Karl de Mesa
9. THE SKY OVER DIMAS by Vince Groyon
10. THE WOMAN WHO HAD TWO NAVELS by Nick Joaquin