It’s going to be an awesome month of May for comic fans! Join us as we celebrate Free Comic Book Day for the 7th straight year! What title are you excited about getting? Take a look at the poster for what’s in store! See you on May 3!
1. What is Free Comic Book Day? Every first Saturday of May, comic book stores and publishers around the world give away comic singles for free to thank fans for their support and to introduce characters to new enthusiasts. This year, we are celebrating on May 3, 2014, together with Comic Odyssey and the rest of the world!
2. Can we get any comic book we want? Are manga titles included? Comics are made and ordered especially for FCBD, and we will be setting up a table in each branch to showcase all the titles that are for free. A customer can choose any title from the designated free comics table. Manga titles, however, are not included in the give away.
3. How many free comics are we allowed to get? In our Bonifacio High Street branch, together with Comic Odyssey, we will be giving away a total of three (3) free comics per customer. In other participating branches, we will be giving one (1) free comic per person.
4. What are the participating Fully Booked branches? The Bonifacio High Street, Alabang Town Center, SM Mall of Asia, Greenbelt 5, Power Plant Mall (Rockwell), Promenade (Greenhills), The Block (SM North EDSA), TriNoma, Regis Center (Katipunan), and Eastwood Mall branches will be participating in this year’s Free Comic Book Day celebration.
Other Fully Booked branches (Taft, MarQuee Mall, Ayala Center Cebu, Abreeza Mall Davao, Bibliarch Pasong Tamo, Bibliarch Glorietta, Sketchbooks Greenbelt 3), will not be giving away free comics but will have graphic novel titles on discounted sale (see number 9 for discount details).
5. Is there a purchase requirement for the free comics? The comics that are made especially for Free Comic Book Day are absolutely free and we require no purchase for anyone who wants one. Please take note of the limit of three (3) free comics per customer in the Bonifacio High Street branch, and one (1) comic per customer in the rest of the participating branches.
6. Can I reserve a free comic? Sorry, we will not be allowing reservations for free comics. Part of the fun is lining up, meeting fellow comic fans, and choosing a free single when you get to the table!
7. What comics will be available on the day itself? Take a look at our poster for a good idea of what we the free comics will be on May 4. We will also be featuring some of the titles in our website starting April 28, Monday!
8. What time does Free Comic Book Day start? Comic giving starts during the opening times of each branch. Our Regis Center (Katipunan) branch opens at 9:00 am, while the Bonifacio High Street, Alabang Town Center, SM Mall of Asia, Power Plant Mall (Rockwell), Promenade (Greenhills), The Block (SM North EDSA) and TriNoma branches open at 10:00 am. The Greenbelt 5 and Eastwood Mall branches open at 11:00 am.
9. What items will be on discounted sale?* Graphic novels and manga titles that are D-coded will be at 20% off in all Fully Booked branches nationwide on May 3, 2014 only. Select graphic novels will also be on sale at a larger discount (up to 50% off). Other comics like Archie, Calvin & Hobbes, Garfield, etc. that are D-coded will also be at 20% off on that day.
If you’re not sure about whether a title you want will be discounted, please feel free to ask any book specialist in our branches to help you find out.
10. I woke up late! Can I still get a free comic? What time does free comic giving end? We give out free comics until supplies last. We will try to keep our social media channels as updated as possible, but there may also be a bit of a lag in the information dissemination. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @_FullyBooked and facebook.com/fullybooked.
11. What else will be happening during Free Comic Book Day? More activities will be announced soon! Please follow this page as we will update it closer to the date with more details of FCBD! See you then!
Comic Odyssey has organized for comic creators and artists to be present at the Fort branch during Free Comic Book Day tomorrow, May 3, 2014, for sketching and signing! Take a look at this awesome list to see if your favorite one is coming!